We are currently looking for a trainee sales professional to work in our disability retail department and take a share of the entire sales process within our York shop, including front of house appointments, demonstrations, and quotes. We offer a fascinating and rewarding working environment in our growing social enterprise.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Sales Coordinator is an integral role within the organisation, responsible for overseeing the full sales process from enquiries to after-sales support in a unique social enterprise. As part of a team of three within our disability retail department, you will be based mainly within our shop in York, while working alongside two office-based sales staff. Responsibilities include:
- Meet and greet for shop walk-in customers with a range of needs
- Logging and dealing with all enquiries over the phone, email and social media
- Organising appointments and demonstrations
- Giving try-out opportunities and advice on cycles and adaptions
- Single and fleet sales to community groups and public sector customers
- Produce and follow up on all quotes and visits
- Organising after-sales service and repairs
- Gathering photos, stories, and testimonial leads to use in marketing
- Occasional travel to customers and promotional events
- Ideas and input into marketing campaigns
- Reporting to line manager on sales, spending and forecast
- Generate leads and actively target new business opportunities
- Consistently meet and exceed monthly turnover and margin targets
- Assisting with everyday bike shop activities
Skills & Experience
A minimum of two years’ experience working in sales or customer service is essential, and a retail or cycle industry background would be beneficial. Knowledge of disability cycling is not required, but a demonstrated interest in cycling is essential, and an understanding of social inclusion or social enterprises is an advantage.
The successful candidate will have:
- Exceptional sales and customer service skills
- Capacity to develop and learn new skills
- Ability to use initiative and work under minimal supervision
- Strong and confident face to face and telephone manner
- Social awareness and clear communication skills
- A positive, supportive attitude, and pride in problem-solving
- Flexible approach to teamwork
- Ability to prioritise and adjust workload to the needs of the organisation
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and EFPOS skills
- Full clean driving license preferred
You will need a good grasp of cycle technology and be willing and able to take on board a lot of very specialised product knowledge. Due to the wide range of specialised cycles we offer, this is a trainee role and extensive training and support will be provided.
The successful candidate will need to show an ability to cope with a sometimes unpredictable work environment, and a passion to help people with all sorts of special needs, and their families, to get cycling.
This is an unusual and exciting role for someone with good social skills, a love of new and challenging work experiences, and long-term career ambitions in this area.
- Start ASAP
- Permanent part-time 28 hours per week
- 6-month probationary period
- Annual salary dependent on experience
- 28 days holiday allowance pro rata, including public holidays
- Statutory employer contribution to NEST pension scheme
- Monday to Sunday: 4 days over a 7-day working week
- Must be able to work Saturdays and Sundays once a month (occassionally more)
- Working hours between 8:30am to 5:30pm with half an hour for lunch
- Based in York, with occasional work throughout the UK
- Family and pet friendly workplace
- Generous staff discounts on cycles, hire, parts and repairs
All offers of employment are conditional on two satisfactory recent employment references.
Please send your CV and a cover letter outlining why you are interested in this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close Sunday 1st May 2022.