We are currently looking for a trainee sales professional to work in our York bike shop, managing the entire sales and hire process, conducting initial cycle assessments coming in for repair, and taking a lead on the sales, marketing and promotion of the shop services. We offer a fascinating and rewarding working environment in our growing community interest company.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Shop Sales Coordinator is an integral role within the organisation, responsible for overseeing the full sales process from enquiries to after-sales support in a unique social enterprise. As part of a team of six within our shop and workshop department, you will be the main contact within our shop in York, while working alongside our experienced mechanics and disability and national retail staff.
- Meeting and greeting shop walk-in customers with a range of needs
- Initial assessment of customer cycles coming into shop
- Conducting off-site visits to assess cycles at customer’s home or workplace
- Organising after-sales service, warranty enquiries and repairs
- Logging and dealing with all enquiries over phone, email and social media
- Managing the hire service, taking deposits, setting up cycles and checking returns
- Contacting current and former customers with follow-up calls
- Ordering stock for shop and workshop
- Ideas and input into marketing campaigns
- Promoting the shop and workshop services to local residents and tourism sector
- Organising sale days and attending off-site promotional events
- Leading on signage display and shop presentation
- Gathering photos, stories and testimonial leads to use in marketing
- Reporting to line manager on sales, spending and forecast
- Consistently meeting and exceeding monthly turnover and margin targets
- Assisting with everyday bike shop activities
Skills & Experience
Minimum of two years’ experience working within a retail or sales role is essential, and an interest in cycling would be beneficial. A knowledge of inclusive cycling is not required, but an understanding of social inclusion, or social enterprises would be an advantage.
The successful candidate will have:
- Exceptional sales and customer service skills
- Capacity to develop and learn new skills
- Ability to use initiative and work under minimal supervision
- Strong and confident face-to-face and telephone manner
- Social awareness and clear communication skills
- A positive, supportive attitude, and pride in problem-solving
- Flexible approach to teamwork
- Ability to prioritise and adjust workload to the needs of the organisation.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and EFPOS skills
- Full clean driving licence is essential
You will need to develop a good grasp of cycle technology and be willing and able to take on board a lot of product knowledge. Due to the wide range of specialist cycles we offer, this is a trainee role and extensive training and support will be provided.
The successful candidate will need to show an ability to cope with a sometimes unpredictable work environment, and a passion to help people with all sorts of special needs, and their families, to get cycling.
This is an unusual and exciting role for someone with good social skills, a love of new and challenging work experiences, and long-term career ambitions in this area.
- Start Monday 5 April 2021
- Permanent, full-time 40 hours per week
- 6-month probationary period
- Annual salary of £19,500
- 28 days holiday allowance, including public holidays
- Statutory employer contribution to NEST pension scheme
- Monday to Sunday: 5 days over a 7-day working week
- Hours between 8:00am 6:00pm with half an hour for lunch
- Office based in York, with occasional work throughout the UK
- Family friendly workplace
- Generous staff discounts on cycles, parts and repairs
All offers of employment are conditional on two recent employment references. Applications close Wednesday 31 March 2021