The Nihola Family cargo trike is our most popular model for families with children. The Family cargo bike can carry up to 100 kg in the cabin and there is space for 2 children of up to the age of 7-8 years old on the bench.
A carry cot or car seat can be used in the bottom of the cabin and a child or adult can sit on the bench. The bench can easily be removed without tools (if for example you want to fit just a carry cot).
The cabin, which surrounds and protects the children, gives extra peace of mind because the frame is built up of a closed double tube frame without corners consisting of top and bottom frame tubes that are welded together with 5 vertical steel sections.
The Nihola Family cargo bike has, after testing, been called the best 3-wheeled cargo bike for child transportation by the Danish newspaper Politiken and the Dutch Fietsersbond (Dutch Cyclist Union).
- Shimano Nexus 8-speed hub gear with freewheel
- Front cabin made from top quality plastic
- Hand-built Danish frame with extra horizontal strengthening steel bars in the cabin
- Powerful V-brakes
- Black aluminium wheel rims
- Magura parking brake
- Black powder coated frame
- Aluminium seat post and cabin floor
- Hydraulic steering damper
- Screws and fittings in stainless steel
- Ackerman steering: each front wheel is given its own pivot point, allowing the front two wheels (either side of the front platform) to turn together at the same angle. This means the rear rider does not have to turn the entire combined weight of the front platform, passenger and wheelchair allowing for a much lighter, smoother turn than other steer-from-the-rear cycles which use a more basic steering arrangement where the front wheels are fixed, parallel to the front load. Ackerman steering geometry is used in cars, buses, and every other multi-track vehicle on the road.
Adapt and Customise
- Rain hood in 13 optional colours
- Cabin in 8 optional colours
- Child bench for 2 children incl. seat belt
- Y-belt for bench (recommended for children between 1-2 years)
- Comfortable cushion for the bench
- Quick release for the saddle
- Wheel security lock: Axa Basta
- Transparent front
- Transparent sides
- Security straps for lift/car seat
- Luggage rack
- Puncture proof Schwalbe Marathon Plus tires
- Front rain cover for cabin (flat)
- Lockable waterproof cover (entire cycle)
- Weber Babyshell (baby carrier and secure fixing kit)
- Weber headrest for the Babyshell
Other colours are available at extra cost, in any of the standard RAL colours.
A full range of adaptations is available. See the Accessories & Adaptations section of this website.
- Total length: 2-meters
- Total width: 89 cm (85 cm with turned front wheels)
- Weight: 32 kg
- Max load: 100 kg + rider
- Height from cabin floor to rain hood: 104 cm
- Height from child bench to rain hood: 78 cm
- Transport box height: 50 cm
- Width in cabin: 62 cm
- Length in cabin: 88 cm
Book a Cycling Assessment
You can visit us any time during opening hours, but only through an appointments system can we be sure that the specialist able to help you most will be available, and that the ideal demo cycles are at base at that time. Appointments mean we can give you the full support and time you need to try a wider selection of cycles and possible adaptations.
Finding Your Cycle...
All kinds of bikes for all kinds of people. That’s our thinking at Get Cycling, and we demonstrate, adapt and supply what is probably the world’s widest range of specialised cycles. We are a not-for-profit, operating nationally, and promoting diversity in cycle design and supply. We believe that our new and refurbished cycles take pedal-power into new realms of delight.
We have child-carrying options, cargo cycles, tandems, adapted cycles for special needs, folding bikes, fun bikes, tricycles, companion cycles, multi-seaters, recumbents and much more. If we don’t have a new model of what you need then we may well have a refurbished version. In any case, please talk to us so that we can check that the cycle you have in mind is right for you.