The Hase Kettwiesel Evo Steps recumbent tricycle is the symbiosis of sportiness and comfort. The standard model features a Shimano Steps motor and the corresponding Di2 electronic shifting system. The Evo Steps has an extremely sporty chassis and independent wheel suspension with anti-roll bar and adjustable air shocks. Made in Germany, this is a quality machine and is built to last.
The Di2 Alfine is an 8-speed, electronic, internally geared hub that coordinates perfectly with the motor. It can be operated in either manual or automatic mode. And the rider can switch between these modes with the touch of a button on the display.
Riders who can’t or would rather not rely on pure muscle power can switch on the Shimano Steps mid-motor any time they need a little boost. The smooth and quiet system is seamlessly integrated into the bottom bracket and helps you rocket up climbs. The powerful mid-motor provides smooth and seamless assist. It gives you more traction on the rear wheels than a front motor, and its 504Wh battery, hidden behind the seat, can be fully charged in just four hours.
The full suspension is out of this world: independent wheel suspension, air shocks, and cornering-stability.
If riding on Tarmac isn’t exciting enough, thanks to the ingenious folding mechanism, three quick steps is all it takes to transform the trike into a compact unit measuring a maximum of 38 inches (96 cm) that fits easily into the boot of most cars.
The Kettwiesel Evo Steps excels on looser terrain too; it comes with a differential, which transmits power to both rear wheels. And the tyres almost never lose traction, because with a delta the rider’s weight is over the rear axle.
Create a tandem
Two trikes can be connected with the Hase tandem coupling to create a 5-wheel tandem!
All Hase products are fully customisable so getting the right specifications for any rider is doable.
If you need specialist adaptions or would like to talk through the options, please give us a ring.
To see our other recumbent cycles, click here
Adapt and Customise
Choice of seat position: higher or lower
Adjustable frame to fit different rider heights
Other available options include a choice of forks, shock absorbers, gear shift systems, crank set, front & rear wheels, brakes, seats, handlebars, fenders, lighting systems, racks & bags, fairings, pedals, wheel covers, walking stick holder, rear-view mirror, indicators and more.
Other colours are available at extra cost, in any of the standard RAL colours.
A full range of adaptations is available. See the Accessories & Adaptations section of this website.
- Total length: 69”–87” (176–221 cm), without front wheel: 60” (153 cm)
- Total width: 35½” (90 cm)
- Total height: 32” (82 cm), with seat folded down: 21” (53 cm)
- Seat height: 20” (50 cm) ·
- Bottom bracket height: 20½” (52 cm)
- Wheelbase: 52”–70” (132–178 cm)
- Frame: aluminium
- Front boom: aluminium
- load: 309 lb (140 kg) ·
- Weight: 71.5 lb (32.5 kg) ·
- Suspension fork: Fork Spinner 300
- Folding mechanism: HASE BIKES Folding Joint when folded: 38”x35½”x19” (96x90x49 cm) ·
- Suspension: HASE BIKES EVO independent wheel suspension with sway bar and air shocks ·
- Brakes: Rear: Tektro Auriga Twin hydraulic disc brakes, parking brake / Front: Avid BB7 mech. disc brake
- Wheels: 20”
- Rims: double wall with eyelets
- Spokes: Sapim
- Tires: Schwalbe Marathon 47×406
- Gears: Shimano Alfine Di2 8-speed internal gear hub ·
- Crank set: Shimano Steps 170 mm 44 T
- Drive system: Hase Differential
- Motor: Shimano Steps 6100 max. 15 mph (25 km/h)
- Battery: lithium-ion battery. Capacity: 14 Ah, 504 Wh. Voltage: 36 V, 250 W max power. Recharge cycles: 1000. Charge time: 4-hours
- Lighting system: motor battery B&M Toplight Flat Plus
- Headlight: B&M IQ-X 100 lux, stand light
- Colour: RAL 7023 matte Concrete Gray/powder-coated
- Accessories: Hase foldable fairing (fully adjustable with rear-view mirror)
Book a Cycling Assessment
You can visit us any time during opening hours, but only through an appointments system can we be sure that the specialist able to help you most will be available, and that the ideal demo cycles are at base at that time. Appointments mean we can give you the full support and time you need to try a wider selection of cycles and possible adaptations.
Finding Your Cycle...
All kinds of bikes for all kinds of people. That’s our thinking at Get Cycling, and we demonstrate, adapt and supply what is probably the world’s widest range of specialised cycles. We are a not-for-profit, operating nationally, and promoting diversity in cycle design and supply. We believe that our new and refurbished cycles take pedal-power into new realms of delight.
We have child-carrying options, cargo cycles, tandems, adapted cycles for special needs, folding bikes, fun bikes, tricycles, companion cycles, multi-seaters, recumbents and much more. If we don’t have a new model of what you need then we may well have a refurbished version. In any case, please talk to us so that we can check that the cycle you have in mind is right for you.