The Amtryke AM12 hand & foot cycle is designed to build strength and coordination for a wide range of children with disabilities. This hand & foot trike is intended to stimulate reciprocal movement and increase range of motion. It features a saddle seat with lap belt, simple seat back with chest strap and rear steering. Choose from a variety of seating options and accessories that help riders feel safe and secure.
VAT relief may be available for disabled customers purchasing this product. Click here to see if you qualify.
Also available in a smaller size. Click here to see the Amtryke AM10 Hand & Foot trike.
- Rolled steel frame features quick-turn knobs which allow seat bracket to move closer or further from the front to accommodate a variety of rider sizes
- Frame and seating dismantle for easy transport
- Low centre of gravity provides added stability
- Fixed drive ensures hands and feet work together
- Hinged front end with three positions for adjustable hand crank/foot crank to seat alignment (see image)
- Rear Steering allows adult to push and steer from behind the trike
- Hand cranks can be set to rotate separately (shown) or together
- Loading brake for easy rider transfer
- Self-centring front wheel
- Self-righting pedals with footplate, heel trap and straps over instep and toe
- Safety chest and lap straps
- Four-way adjustable seating: up/down and forward/back
- Safety steering limiter pin for three graduated steering options: straight, 20 degrees left/right, free steering
- 12-inch front wheel with a flat-proof insert and 12-inch rear wheels with pneumatic tires
- 4-inch hand crank arms
- Safety helmet and flag
Adapt and Customise
- Bench Seat
- Wrist wraps
- Wrist brace holding mitts (right or left)
- Vertical hand grips
Foot cups (small or medium)
- Pedal blocks
- Pedal leveller toe pulley,
- 9/16 exercise pedals
- Expanding pedals
- AM12 foot platform
- Knee separator (2″)
- Knee separator (5″)
- Knee adductor positioning strap
- Pull steering bar
- Gray bucket seat
- Medium or large pommel saddle seat
- Lumbar pad
- Full padded back
- Leg rests
- Pedal toe pulley
- Solid tyre rear
A full range of adaptations is available. See the Accessories & Adaptations section of this website.
Leg Length: 21-29 in. / 53.5 – 73.5 cm
Arm Length: 14-23 in. / 35.5 – 58.5 cm
Height: 26-47 in. / 66 – 119.5 cm
Max weight: 150 lbs. / 68 kg
Book a Cycling Assessment
You can visit us any time during opening hours, but only through an appointments system can we be sure that the specialist able to help you most will be available, and that the ideal demo cycles are at base at that time. Appointments mean we can give you the full support and time you need to try a wider selection of cycles and possible adaptations.
Finding Your Cycle...
All kinds of bikes for all kinds of people. That’s our thinking at Get Cycling, and we demonstrate, adapt and supply what is probably the world’s widest range of specialised cycles. We are a not-for-profit, operating nationally, and promoting diversity in cycle design and supply. We believe that our new and refurbished cycles take pedal-power into new realms of delight.
We have child-carrying options, cargo cycles, tandems, adapted cycles for special needs, folding bikes, fun bikes, tricycles, companion cycles, multi-seaters, recumbents and much more. If we don’t have a new model of what you need then we may well have a refurbished version. In any case, please talk to us so that we can check that the cycle you have in mind is right for you.