The Nihola 4.0 is a cargo bike for families and institutions and can carry up to 120kg. There’s is room for four children up to 7-8 years of age on the two benches. As an alternative, a carry cot or car seat can be used in the bottom of the cabin and two children or an adult can sit on the bench. The Nihola 4.0 can also carry a stroller. The cabin’s double tube frame design has no corner edges. Made in Denmark. This is a quality machine and is built to last.
Nihola’s 4.0 has the same stable riding mechanism as other Nihola cycles and has front legs to support the cycle when parked. The cabin has a low entrance point for children to get in.
- Shimano Nexus 8 speed hub gear with freewheel
- Front cabin made from top quality plastic
- Hand-built Danish frame with extra horizontal strengthening steel bars in the cabin
- Aluminium seat post and cabin floor
- Aluminium wheel rims
- Powerful V-brakes
- Magura parking brake
- Built-in fittings for dog belts
- Screws and fittings in stainless steel
- Black powder coated frame
- Ackerman steering
- Ackerman steering: each front wheel is given its own pivot point, allowing the front two wheels (either side of the front platform) to turn together at the same angle. This means the rear rider does not have to turn the entire combined weight of the front platform, passenger and wheelchair allowing for a much lighter, smoother turn than other steer-from-the-rear cycles which use a more basic steering arrangement where the front wheels are fixed, parallel to the front load. Ackerman steering geometry is used in cars, buses, and every other multi-track vehicle on the road
Adapt and Customise
- Rain hood in 13 optional colours
- Cabin in 8 optional colours
- Front rain cover for cabin (flat) in 13 optional colours
- Child bench for 2 children including seatbelt
- Y-belt for bench (recommended for children between 1-2 years)
- Comfortable cushion for the bench
- Quick release saddle
- Wheel security lock: Axa-Basta
- Transparent sides
- Security straps for lift/car seat
- Luggage rack
- Puncture proof Schwalbe Marathon Plus tyres
- Weber Babyshell (baby carrier and secure fixing kit)
- Weber headrest for the Babyshell
Other colours are available at extra cost, in any of the standard RAL colours.
A full range of adaptations is available. See the Accessories & Adaptations section of this website.
- Total length: 230cm
- Total width: 89cm
- Weight: 37 kg
- load: 120 kg + rider
- Box height: 50 cm
- width in cabin: 62cm
- length in cabin: 106cm
- Height from cabin floor to rain hood: 94cm – 104cm
- Height from child bench to rain hood: 68cm – 78cm
Book a Cycling Assessment
You can visit us any time during opening hours, but only through an appointments system can we be sure that the specialist able to help you most will be available, and that the ideal demo cycles are at base at that time. Appointments mean we can give you the full support and time you need to try a wider selection of cycles and possible adaptations.
Finding Your Cycle...
All kinds of bikes for all kinds of people. That’s our thinking at Get Cycling, and we demonstrate, adapt and supply what is probably the world’s widest range of specialised cycles. We are a not-for-profit, operating nationally, and promoting diversity in cycle design and supply. We believe that our new and refurbished cycles take pedal-power into new realms of delight.
We have child-carrying options, cargo cycles, tandems, adapted cycles for special needs, folding bikes, fun bikes, tricycles, companion cycles, multi-seaters, recumbents and much more. If we don’t have a new model of what you need then we may well have a refurbished version. In any case, please talk to us so that we can check that the cycle you have in mind is right for you.