We are currently looking for a customer service professional to work in our Disability & National Retail department and oversee sales development with our business and wholesale customers. We offer a fascinating and rewarding working environment in our growing community interest company.
Duties & Responsibilities
The National Sales Coordinator is new role within the organisation, responsible for overseeing sales development of our business and wholesale customers across the UK.
You’ll be joining a team of three experienced cycling professionals and working alongside two other departments of mechanics and support staff within a unique social enterprise.
- Main initial contact for all of our national business enquiries
- Lead generation for business-to-business aspect of national retail
- Coordinating our new pilot project to wholesale cycles in the UK
- Researching and producing a list of potential partnerships across the UK
- Developing a database of interested prospect customers
- Making initial contact with potential business and wholesale customers
- Creating wholesale documentation to promote our cycles other cycle shops
- Develop an information pack to offer to care-homes and other businesses
- Work with creative agency on our offer and marketing materials
- Arranging demonstration of cycles on behalf of our retail manager
- Management of sales, tracking quantities, helping with forecasting of orders
- Helping with shipping to business customers and coordinate deliveries
- Gathering photos, stories and testimonials to use in marketing
- Ideas and input into marketing campaigns
- Reporting to line manager on sales, spending and forecast
- Consistently meet and exceed monthly turnover and margin targets
Skills & Experience
Minimum of three years experience working within a customer service or sales development role is essential. A wholesale or cycle industry background, and an understanding of social inclusion, or social enterprises would be an advantage.
The successful candidate will have:
- Exceptional sales development and customer service skills
- Capacity to develop and learn new skills
- Ability to use initiative and work under minimal supervision
- Strong and confident face to face and telephone manner
- Social awareness and clear communication skills
- A positive, supportive attitude, and pride in problem-solving
- Flexible approach to team work
- Ability to prioritise and adjust workload to the needs of the organisation.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and EFPOS skills
- Full clean drivers license preferred
You will need a good grasp of developing relationships with other businesses and be confident speaking to contacts about pilot projects that are still in development. Although we expect someone to hit the ground running, this is a new role and organization training and support will be provided.
The successful candidate will need to show an ability to cope with a sometimes unpredictable work environment, and a passion to help people with all sorts of special needs, and their families, to get cycling.
This is an unusual and exciting role for someone with good social skills, a love of new and challenging work experiences, and long-term career ambitions in this area.
- Start ASAP
- Temporary, part-time 16 hours per week
- 3 months initially, then 6-month probationary period
- 28 days holiday allowance pro rata, including public holidays
- Monday to Friday: flexi-time over a 5-day working week
- Normal hours between 9:00am to 5:30pm with half an hour for lunch
- Office based in York, with occasional work throughout the UK
- Family and pet friendly workplace
- Statutory employer contribution to NEST pension scheme
- Generous staff discounts on cycles, parts and repairs
All offers of employment are conditional on two recent employment references.
Please send your CV and a cover letter outlining why you are interested in this position to email@example.com.