On Monday 19th July 2021 City of York Council launched its E-Cycle Switch Scheme – offering anyone that lives, works or studies in York the opportunity to borrow an e-cycle from a participating local bike shop and trial it with no obligation to buy.
Once their trial is complete, participants will be eligible for a discount off e-cycles at all participating bike shops.
We are delighted and honoured to be offering our full range of inclusive e-cycles for 1-day trials (unless otherwise stated). This will help include the largest range of disabilities. Some examples of the e-cycle models available for trials:
Recumbents including the ICE Adventure which suits riders with severe balance problems as you don’t need to balance on a saddle. Allow a comfortable riding position and the ability to ride with one hand, for example, if you have had a stroke.
Upright Trikes – including the Van Raam Easy Rider – Great for users who have balance issues as they provide an extra wheel for balance. Can be fitted with special pedals and saddles to provide more security for the rider.
This is a fantastic opportunity if you have wanted to try an inclusive e-bike but you haven’t been sure it’s suited to you – you’ll get a full overview and tips on safety from our knowledgeable staff.
For more information please go to the i-Travel E-Switch Scheme page
- The scheme is available to people living, working or studying in the City of York Council local authority area only. Participants must be over the age of 18 and must not already own an e-cycle.
- Those trialling and purchasing an inclusive e-cycle will be eligible for a discount of £800.
- Participants must complete a free trial to be entitled to the discount. The discount cannot be used in addition to any ‘cycle to work scheme’.
- Due to demand, an e-cycle, or one of the correct size, may not always be available at the time you want it. Bike shops will do their best to accommodate your needs in this regard.
- More info on the terms and conditions of participation will be provided when you collect the e-cycle for your free trial
If you have any questions or queries please contact us on 01904 636812 or email us at email@example.com