We are currently looking for a Trainee Administrator to support our Business Manager and Marketing Coordinator in our Central Services department, and to assist with the smooth running of our operations. We offer a fascinating and rewarding working environment in our growing community interest company.
Get Cycling CIC
Get Cycling CIC is a not-for-profit community interest company. We promote cycling for everyone: for leisure, transport, health, happiness and the environment.
We have a bike shop based in Fulford, York, providing services, repairs, sales and hire, to locals and visitors, as well as a national assessment and retail service providing new and refurbished cycles for our customers with disabilities throughout the UK.
We have a wide, diverse and unique range of adapted and inclusive cycles for individuals, families, and anybody needing our expertise in inclusive cycling. We have a highly skilled team of mechanics, who also offer mobile bike health check-ups, customer site fleet management services, and cycle skills and maintenance training.
With over 15 years of cycling promotion experience and 14 staff, Get Cycling has encouraged thousands of children, adults and families to take up cycling, and help keep thousands more on their bikes.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Central Services department takes on a crucial role within the organisation, responsible for overseeing all administration and support functions of the business: financial, IT, facilities, HR, health and safety, PR, marketing, and internal communications. The Trainee Administrator will gain an overall understanding of each of these areas:
- Gain a basic knowledge of a retail business within specialist cycling
- Understanding the function of a social enterprise and values of non-profits
- Work shadowing each staff member to understand different roles within an organisation and how to work as part of a team
- Answering phones, forwarding calls and taking messages
- Monitoring and distributing email enquiries
- Making calls to follow up on customer enquiries
- Calling suppliers for basic information to assist colleagues
- Monitoring team calendar and upcoming activities
- Organising meetings and staff activity days
- Contributing to department development in team meetings
- Printing weekly newsletters for staff not on email
- Researching membership opportunities as directed
- Keeping database information up to date
- Keeping office and communal areas tidy and in order
- Being aware of health and safety obligations and identifying any issues
- Managing stationary cupboards and orders
- Organising post, parcels, and couriers
- Assisting with petty cash
- Trips to the shops for cards, milk and other weekly supplies
- Assisting with sourcing images and copy content for social media and website
- Researching and checking product information on our website
- Laminating posters for shop and office
- Following company policies and procedures
- Scanning and shredding documents to help move from paper to online system
- Adhering to privacy and confidentiality obligations
- Supporting the Business Manager in their activities.
Skills & Experience
Qualifications in Maths and English and a strong interest in administration and organisation is essential. Knowledge of cycling is not required, but an understanding of social inclusion values would be an advantage.
The successful candidate will have:
- Good organisation and time management skills
- A keen eye for detail and pride in problem-solving
- A positive, supportive attitude and teamwork skills
- Eagerness to learn and work under supervision
- Clear communication skills
- Good MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and CMS skills
- Full clean driving licence preferred but not essential
This is a new trainee position right at the heart of an exceptional and innovative social enterprise operating across a wide range of activity areas. If we continue to grow and business allows, there is the possibility of permanent employment as a Junior Administrator and gaining a Business qualification or to move into other areas of the organisation.
Part of the Government-funded Kickstart Scheme (age 18-24)
- Start: ASAP
- Fixed term position: 6 months
- Part-time: 25 hours per week
- Hourly rate: national minimum wage
- 28 days holiday allowance, including public holidays pro-rata
- 3-month probationary period
- Monday to Friday with very occasional evenings and weekends
- Normal hours 10:00am to 3:30pm with half an hour unpaid lunch
- Limited flexi hours option between 8:00am and 6:00pm
- Office based in Fulford, York
- Family friendly and pet friendly workplace
- Statutory employer contribution to NEST pension scheme
- Generous staff discounts on cycles, parts, and repairs
All offers of employment are conditional on two recent employment or character references.