The Kompact R is a great fun trike for older kids and young adults. The ‘R’ model benefits from stainless steel spoked wheels, an aluminium boom and a 3-piece crank. This popular recumbent trike is a great choice for people of all abilities due to its low centre of gravity and high stability. It feels very fast too!
11.5cm of sliding front boom adjustment and 15cm of seat adjustment plus a self-adjusting chain tensioner make for rapid size changes in busy in multi-user environments and allows for growing riders.
Our customers love the responsive handling from direct steering and the sense of speed that only comes from being just 8cm off the ground. The hardshell bucket seat provides lots of support on the fastest turns and is unaffected by wet weather.
To see our other recumbent cycles click here
Adapt and Customise
Optional extras: speedo mount, speedo sensor mount, light mount and bag
A range of adaptations is available. See the Accessories & Adaptations section of this website.
- Frame: TIG Welded Hi Carbon Steel Box with alloy front boom
- Steering: Direct steer with Ackerman and Centre Point
- Tyres: 16 x 2.3 Innova tyre rear 16 x 2.1 Innova tyre front
- Rear wheel: 16” spoked
- Front wheels: 16” spoked
- Gear shifters: 8-Speed Microshift Twistgrip
- Hubs: alloy
- Chain Set: 3 piece alloy
- Front brakes: Bengal disc brakes activated by a twin pull brake lever
- Rear brake: powerful V brake
- Bottom bracket: sealed unit
- Front Cranks: 42T 3-piece alloy crank with KMX bash ring
- Derailleur: 8-Speed Microshift
- Gears: 8-Speed Cassette
- Length: 147cm
- Width: 72cm
- Height: 45cm
- Front track: 70cm
- Wheelbase: 81cm
- Seat height: 15cm
- Bottom bracket height: 28cm
- Seat (back angle): 39-45 degrees adjustable
- Ground clearance: 8cm to frame
- Weight: 5kg
- Maximum rider weight: 75kg
- Inside leg length: Min 32” (81.5cm), Max 42” (107cm)
Book a Cycling Assessment
You can visit us any time during opening hours, but only through an appointments system can we be sure that the specialist able to help you most will be available, and that the ideal demo cycles are at base at that time. Appointments mean we can give you the full support and time you need to try a wider selection of cycles and possible adaptations.
Finding Your Cycle...
All kinds of bikes for all kinds of people. That’s our thinking at Get Cycling, and we demonstrate, adapt and supply what is probably the world’s widest range of specialised cycles. We are a not-for-profit, operating nationally, and promoting diversity in cycle design and supply. We believe that our new and refurbished cycles take pedal-power into new realms of delight.
We have child-carrying options, cargo cycles, tandems, adapted cycles for special needs, folding bikes, fun bikes, tricycles, companion cycles, multi-seaters, recumbents and much more. If we don’t have a new model of what you need then we may well have a refurbished version. In any case, please talk to us so that we can check that the cycle you have in mind is right for you.