The Hase Pino Allround tandem is designed for two adults, or for an adult and a child. The rear rider has full control of the steering and brakes. The for-anything-and-anytime bike, be it tandem, family taxi, or cargo bike. The Pino Allround is the perfect bike for cycling duos – and for anything you need to carry from A to B. Our customers love being able to ride together with uninterrupted views of the road ahead.
- Recumbent-upright combination makes communication easy
- Good visibility for both riders
- Freewheel: ideal for families and riders with disabilities
- Excellent manoeuvrability thanks to short wheelbase
- Two-part frame
The tandem: comfort and fun for two
As a tandem, the Pino offers unprecedented comfort and an exhilarating ride. With its short wheelbase, it is almost as maneuverable as a solo bicycle. Furthermore, the positions of the recumbent seat and saddle allow for a stronger sense of shared experience, because the riders can communicate effortlessly without having to raise their voices. Furthermore, both riders can enjoy an unrestricted, panoramic view, and there is plenty of space for carrying luggage.
The family taxi: Children’s Crankset mounted in a flash
The Pino can also be converted to accommodate younger riders in the front seat, making it the perfect family taxi. All you need is the Children’s Crankset, which can be mounted to the PINO’s front boom in less than two minutes. This accessory also makes it possible to use the PINO as a parent-child touring tandem. And pedalling breaks are no problem at all: the front rider has a freewheel.
The cargo bike: carry home your weekly shopping with the Porter Bag and Rack
Converting the tandem to a cargo bike is a piece of cake. With a capacity of 80 to 120 litres, the Porter Bag on the front seat can even handle a week’s worth of groceries. When not in use, it can be quickly and easily folded up and stowed behind the seatback.
The Porter Rack, which is mounted under the seat, has a similar cargo capacity. And its low centre of gravity guarantees extremely safe and stable handling, even when the bike is fully loaded. The additional Rack Bag keeps the cargo dry. As a special feature of the cargo set: the Porter Kickstand provides rock-solid stability when the Pino is parked.
Easy transport thanks to two-part frame
It only takes a few short minutes to open the Pino’s frame joint. Then the two frame halves will fit into practically any compact car. And once you’ve reached your destination, the tandem can be reassembled in a flash.
The main advantages of a steer-from-the-rear tandem over normal tandems are that the rider sitting at the rear can see and communicate much more easily with the front rider and monitor their wellbeing more easily. Steer-from-the-rear tandems allow the front rider to enjoy a view of the road ahead and feel more involved in the ride.
To see our other tandems and multi-seat cycles click here
Adapt and Customise
Electric motor: Shimano Steps E6100 motor
5-point lap & shoulder harness system – with or without shoulder pads – for the front rider.
Other available options include a choice of gear systems, crank sets including adjustable, tyres, front & rear wheels, brakes, lighting systems, carrier racks, and more.
Other colours are available at extra cost, in any of the standard RAL colours.
A range of adaptations is available. See the Accessories & Adaptations section of this website.
- Total length: 83″-93″ (210-237 cm)
- Total width: 25″ (64 cm)
- Total height: 41″-43″ (104-110 cm) depending on seat adjustment
- Seat height, front: 25″ (64 cm)
- Bottom bracket height: 24½” (62 cm)
- Wheelbase: 57″ (145 cm)
- Two-part frame: 7005 aluminium. Adjustable and replaceable dropouts in the rear
- Max. load: 495 lb (225 kg)
- Fork: Spinner 300
- Brakes:Tekro HD-M750 hydraulic disc brakes
- Wheels: Rear: 26″, Rim: double wall with double eyelets
- Hub: Hase Bikes Tandem Hub
- Spokes: Sapim; Front: 20″
- Rim: Double wall with eyelets
- Hub dynamo: Shutter Precision, Spokes: Sapim
- Tyres: Schwalbe Marathon 47×406 (front), 50×559 (rear)
- Gears: Shimano Deore 27-speed derailleur
- Front derailleur: Microshift FD-R539 cold-forged
- Shifters: Microshift bar-end
- Grips: Herrmans Ergo
- Crankset: HASE Bikes for tandem with integrated freewheel mechanism. / Rear: 170 mm 28-38-48 tooth, left 36 tooth. / Front: 165 mm 38 tooth
- Lighting system: Hub dynamo: Shutter Precision, Taillight: B&M Toplight 2C plus / Headlight: Herrmans Black MR8 50 LUX
- Fenders: SKS black matt
- Luggage rack: Racktime Addit, Max. load: 66 lb (30 kg)
- Kickstand: Humpert double kickstand
- Weight: 55 lb (25 kg)
- Colours: RAL 3002 Carmine Red matt/powder-coated / front boom: black anodized with length adjustment markings
Book a Cycling Assessment
You can visit us any time during opening hours, but only through an appointments system can we be sure that the specialist able to help you most will be available, and that the ideal demo cycles are at base at that time. Appointments mean we can give you the full support and time you need to try a wider selection of cycles and possible adaptations.
Finding Your Cycle...
All kinds of bikes for all kinds of people. That’s our thinking at Get Cycling, and we demonstrate, adapt and supply what is probably the world’s widest range of specialised cycles. We are a not-for-profit, operating nationally, and promoting diversity in cycle design and supply. We believe that our new and refurbished cycles take pedal-power into new realms of delight.
We have child-carrying options, cargo cycles, tandems, adapted cycles for special needs, folding bikes, fun bikes, tricycles, companion cycles, multi-seaters, recumbents and much more. If we don’t have a new model of what you need then we may well have a refurbished version. In any case, please talk to us so that we can check that the cycle you have in mind is right for you.