The Babboe Carve Mountain electric cargo trike has stability of a three-wheel cargo trike combined with the agility of a two-wheeler! ‘Carve mechanism’ steering tilts the box slightly when cornering, and the powerful Yamaha mid-engine makes pedalling a breeze. Made in the Netherlands this is a quality machine and is built to last.
The Enviolo (Nuvinci) stepless gear system’s power sensor is linked to the Yamaha mid-engine, which adjusts the amount of support you get from the battery according to the leg-power going into the pedals.
Carve mechanism steering
The front box gently tilts as you turn, and with linkage steering where each front wheel is given its own pivot point, allowing the front two wheels (either side of the front platform) to turn together at the same angle. This means the rear rider does not have to turn the entire combined weight of the front platform, passenger and wheelchair allowing for a much lighter, smoother turn than other steer-from-the-rear cycles which use a more basic steering arrangement where the front wheels are fixed, parallel to the front load. This steering geometry is used in cars, buses, and every other multi-track vehicle on the road.
With the carve-lock you can secure the box so that it does not tilt when your children get in. The carve-lock is located on the steering side of the box on the left.
Adapt and customise
Maxi-Cozi baby carrier
BabyShell luxury baby seat
Extra bench for an additional two children
Rear carrier rack
A range of adaptations is available. See the Accessories & Adaptations section of this website.
- Assembled dimensions: (LxWxH): 216 x 85 x 110 cm
- Box dimensions: (LxWxH): 109 x 68 x 58 (steering side) / 39cm (front)
- Tyres: Schwalbe Big Apple 26-inch rear wheel, 20-inch front wheel.
- Box load capacity: 80 kg
- Saddle load capacity: 100 kg
- Frame: Extra sturdy, anthracite-coloured frame with shockproof powder coating, treated on the inside to prevent rusting
- Colour: Anthracite
- Box material: European beech wood, pressed in a curved shape for extra sturdiness and rounded corners for safety. The wooden box is PEFC-certified (European Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification)
- Bench: 1 bench for 2 children
- Belts: two, 3-point belts
- Handlebar: height adjustable, aluminium handlebars
- Brakes: front and rear disc
- Lock: ART approved Trelock
- Rims: Weinmann double-wall front and rear
- Lighting: AXA LED lights front and rear (two front lamps concealed in the front panel). Battery powered
- Saddle: height adjustable
- Gears; Nuvinci 330 – stepless shifting system
- Kids step
- Action radius: 24-37 miles
- Battery: 36V / 400Wh
- Battery location: under the bench in the cargo box
- Charging time: from completely empty to completely charged: 4-6 hours.
- Motor: Yamaha mid-engine, 250W, 70Nm torque (peak 80Nm)
- Battery charger: 30V 2.17A
Book a Cycling Assessment
You can visit us any time during opening hours, but only through an appointments system can we be sure that the specialist able to help you most will be available, and that the ideal demo cycles are at base at that time. Appointments mean we can give you the full support and time you need to try a wider selection of cycles and possible adaptations.
Finding Your Cycle...
All kinds of bikes for all kinds of people. That’s our thinking at Get Cycling, and we demonstrate, adapt and supply what is probably the world’s widest range of specialised cycles. We are a not-for-profit, operating nationally, and promoting diversity in cycle design and supply. We believe that our new and refurbished cycles take pedal-power into new realms of delight.
We have child-carrying options, cargo cycles, tandems, adapted cycles for special needs, folding bikes, fun bikes, tricycles, companion cycles, multi-seaters, recumbents and much more. If we don’t have a new model of what you need then we may well have a refurbished version. In any case, please talk to us so that we can check that the cycle you have in mind is right for you.