The Babboe Carve-E (electric) cargo trike has stability of a three-wheel cargo trike combined with the agility of a two-wheeler! ‘Carve mechanism’ steering tilts the box slightly when cornering, and the electric motor makes pedalling a breeze. Made in the Netherlands this is a quality machine and is built to last.
Carve mechanism steering
The front box gently tilts as you turn, and with linkage steering where each front wheel is given its own pivot point, allowing the front two wheels (either side of the front platform) to turn together at the same angle. This means the rear rider does not have to turn the entire combined weight of the front platform, passenger and wheelchair allowing for a much lighter, smoother turn than other steer-from-the-rear cycles which use a more basic steering arrangement where the front wheels are fixed, parallel to the front load. This steering geometry is used in cars, buses, and every other multi-track vehicle on the road.
With the carve-lock you can secure the box so that it does not tilt when your children get in. The carve-lock is located on the steering side of the box on the left.
Adapt and customise
Maxi-Cozi baby carrier
Extra bench for an additional two children
A full range of adaptations is available. See the Accessories & Adaptations section of this website.
- Assembled dimensions: (LxWxH): 216 x 85 x 110 cm
- Box dimensions: (LxWxH): +/- 109 x 68 x 58 (steering side) / 39 (front)
- Rear carrier: maximum load 20kg (is also the storage place of the battery)
- Tyres: Schwalbe Big Apple 26-inch rear wheel, 20-inch front wheel
- Box load capacity: 80 kg
- Saddle load capacity: 100 kg
- Certification: TÜV
- Frame: extra sturdy, anthracite-coloured frame with shockproof powder coating, treated on the inside to prevent rusting
- Colour frame: Anthracite
- Box material: European beech wood, pressed in a curved shape for extra sturdiness and rounded corners for safety (no sharp points). The wooden box is PEFC-certified (European Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification)
- Bench: 1 bench for 2 children
- Belts: 2 three-point belts
- Handlebar: height adjustable, aluminium
- Brakes: front and rear disc
- Lock: ART approved ABUS
- Rims: Weinmann double-wall front and rear rims
- Lighting: LED lighting for (two front lamps and one rear). Batter powered
- Saddle: height adjustable
- Gears: Shimano 7-speed derailleur
- Kids step: Yes
- Action radius: 40 – 60 km
- Battery: 32.85V / 375Wh / 11.4Ah
- Battery location: attached under the luggage carrier
- Charging time: from completely empty to completely charged: 4-6 hours.
- Motor: 36V 250W maintenance-free motor
- Battery charger: 42.1V 2.08Ah
Book a Cycling Assessment
You can visit us any time during opening hours, but only through an appointments system can we be sure that the specialist able to help you most will be available, and that the ideal demo cycles are at base at that time. Appointments mean we can give you the full support and time you need to try a wider selection of cycles and possible adaptations.
Finding Your Cycle...
All kinds of bikes for all kinds of people. That’s our thinking at Get Cycling, and we demonstrate, adapt and supply what is probably the world’s widest range of specialised cycles. We are a not-for-profit, operating nationally, and promoting diversity in cycle design and supply. We believe that our new and refurbished cycles take pedal-power into new realms of delight.
We have child-carrying options, cargo cycles, tandems, adapted cycles for special needs, folding bikes, fun bikes, tricycles, companion cycles, multi-seaters, recumbents and much more. If we don’t have a new model of what you need then we may well have a refurbished version. In any case, please talk to us so that we can check that the cycle you have in mind is right for you.