The Amtryke RS20 has a fixed drive tricycle that helps children who might otherwise have problems making a full pedal rotation. The foot crank is constantly in motion for full therapeutic effect. A highly supportive and adjustable seat is particularly helpful for those with low tone and/or trunk control.
VAT relief may be available for disabled customers purchasing this product. Click here to see if you qualify.
A fixed gear allows the rider to reverse the trike and to slow it down without using a brake lever. The trike’s momentum carries the cranks past top-dead-centre which can be helpful for developing leg strength and flexibility. Coasting is not possible with a fixed drive; when limb motion stops, the bike does as well.
Another indispensable feature is the detachable carer-control mechanism, which is connected to the trike’s steering and allows the parent or carer to give a helpful push or do some corrective steering.
The Amtryke Rear-Steer models are available in two other sizes:
Adapt and Customise
A full range of adaptations is available. See the Accessories & Adaptations section of this website.
- Rolled steel frame with two levers which allow the sliding seat to move closer to, or further from, the handlebars
- Low centre of gravity provides added stability
- Quick-release cam levers allow the handlebars to be positioned at any height or distance from the rider
- Safety steering limiter pin to minimise the risk of falls. Can be quickly set in three graduated steering positions: straight, 20 degrees left/right, free steering
- Calliper hand brake
- Four seat post positions and a sliding seat post accommodate most leg lengths (allows for growing riders)
- Seat-back can be positioned up/down and comes with highly adjustable laterals and chest strap
- Expanding pedals with two straps can adjust from 17.5cm to 25.5cm. The pedal angle is also adjustable
- Pedal leveller pulley keeps pedals the right way up and prevents them catching on the ground when the cycle is in motion
- Parking brake
- Steel wire basket
- 20-inch wheels with pneumatic tires
- Leg Length: 68.5 cm – 90 cm (27-35 inch)
- Arm Length: 45.5 cm – 71 cm (18-28 inch)
- Height: 111.5 cm – 172.5 cm (44-68 inch)
- Max weight: 113.4 kg (250 lbs)
Book a Cycling Assessment
You can visit us any time during opening hours, but only through an appointments system can we be sure that the specialist able to help you most will be available, and that the ideal demo cycles are at base at that time. Appointments mean we can give you the full support and time you need to try a wider selection of cycles and possible adaptations.
Finding Your Cycle...
All kinds of bikes for all kinds of people. That’s our thinking at Get Cycling, and we demonstrate, adapt and supply what is probably the world’s widest range of specialised cycles. We are a not-for-profit, operating nationally, and promoting diversity in cycle design and supply. We believe that our new and refurbished cycles take pedal-power into new realms of delight.
We have child-carrying options, cargo cycles, tandems, adapted cycles for special needs, folding bikes, fun bikes, tricycles, companion cycles, multi-seaters, recumbents and much more. If we don’t have a new model of what you need then we may well have a refurbished version. In any case, please talk to us so that we can check that the cycle you have in mind is right for you.