The Junior HandTryke handcycle provides good mobility option for teenagers and or smaller adults. With an adjustable easy-slide wheelchair seat for easy rider transfer, the hand cranks operate with a light touch and feature a 3-speed Sturmey Archer hub for varied terrain. Featuring a large basket, coaster brake, front hand brake, and tight turning radius. Upgraded foot platforms adjust independently up/down, right/left, heel or toe up/down.
VAT relief may be available for disabled customers purchasing this product. Click here to see if you qualify.
To see our other handcycles click here.
- Rolled steel frame with low seating for easy rider transfer
- Smooth tread pneumatic tires with rear canted wheels
- 20-inch wheels
- Front hand brake and hand-powered coaster brake
- Low centre of gravity provides added stability
- Small easy-slide wheelchair seat with quilted back and foam pad (3.5 inches smaller in width and depth than the optional Large Wheelchair seat).
- Self-centring front wheel
- Adjustable foot platforms each adjust independently up/down, right/left, tip heel or toe up/down
- Seat-mounted brake and shifting set
- Front and rear safety reflectors
- Large steel wire basket
- Safety helmet and safety flag
Adapt and Customise
- Custom seat-mounted brake and shifting kit
- Large wheelchair seat
- Wheelchair seat bar-ends
- Wheelchair Seat Swing-Away Arms
- Wrist Wraps
- Wrist brace holding mitts (right or left)
- Knee adductor positioning strap
A full range of adaptations is available. See the Accessories & Adaptations section of this website.
Book a Cycling Assessment
You can visit us any time during opening hours, but only through an appointments system can we be sure that the specialist able to help you most will be available, and that the ideal demo cycles are at base at that time. Appointments mean we can give you the full support and time you need to try a wider selection of cycles and possible adaptations.
Finding Your Cycle...
All kinds of bikes for all kinds of people. That’s our thinking at Get Cycling, and we demonstrate, adapt and supply what is probably the world’s widest range of specialised cycles. We are a not-for-profit, operating nationally, and promoting diversity in cycle design and supply. We believe that our new and refurbished cycles take pedal-power into new realms of delight.
We have child-carrying options, cargo cycles, tandems, adapted cycles for special needs, folding bikes, fun bikes, tricycles, companion cycles, multi-seaters, recumbents and much more. If we don’t have a new model of what you need then we may well have a refurbished version. In any case, please talk to us so that we can check that the cycle you have in mind is right for you.