The Amtryke AM10 hand & foot cycle is designed to build strength and coordination for a wide range of children with disabilities. This hand & foot trike is intended to stimulate reciprocal movement and increase range of motion. It features a saddle seat with lap belt, simple seat back with chest strap and rear steering. Choose from a variety of seating options and accessories that help riders feel safe and secure.
VAT relief may be available for disabled customers purchasing this product. Click here to see if you qualify.
A fixed gear allows the rider to reverse the trike and to slow it down without using a brake lever. The trike’s momentum carries the cranks past top-dead-centre which can be helpful for developing leg strength and flexibility. Coasting is not possible with a fixed drive; when limb motion stops, the bike does as well.
Also available in a larger size. Click here to see the Amtryke AM12 Hand & Foot trike.
- Rear Steering allows adult to push and steer from behind the trike and it can convert to a push bar by inserting a pin
- Rolled steel frame features quick-turn knobs which allow seat bracket to move closer or further from the front to accommodate a variety of rider sizes
- Frame and seating dismantle for easy transport; Low centre of gravity provides added stability
- Features four-way adjustable seating: up/down and forward/back
- Safety steering limiter pin for three graduated steering options: straight, 20 degrees left/right, free steering
- Foot plates feature a heel trap, with toe and instep strap, to secure rider’s feet to pedals
- A loading lock allows safe and easy rider transfer
- Safety helmet and safety flag
Adapt and Customise
- Snappy Seat System
- Wrist Wraps
- Wrist Brace holding mitt (left or right)
- Small foot cups
- Pedal Blocks
- Knee adductor positioning strap
- Vertical hand grips
- Separator cube
- Pedal toe pulley
A full range of adaptations is available. See the Accessories & Adaptations section of this website.
Leg length: 15 – 21 in. / 38 – 53.5 cm
Arm length: 13 – 17 in. / 33 – 43 cm
Height: 26 – 40 in. / 66 – 101.5 cm
Max weight: 55 lbs / 25 kg
Book a Cycling Assessment
You can visit us any time during opening hours, but only through an appointments system can we be sure that the specialist able to help you most will be available, and that the ideal demo cycles are at base at that time. Appointments mean we can give you the full support and time you need to try a wider selection of cycles and possible adaptations.
Finding Your Cycle...
All kinds of bikes for all kinds of people. That’s our thinking at Get Cycling, and we demonstrate, adapt and supply what is probably the world’s widest range of specialised cycles. We are a not-for-profit, operating nationally, and promoting diversity in cycle design and supply. We believe that our new and refurbished cycles take pedal-power into new realms of delight.
We have child-carrying options, cargo cycles, tandems, adapted cycles for special needs, folding bikes, fun bikes, tricycles, companion cycles, multi-seaters, recumbents and much more. If we don’t have a new model of what you need then we may well have a refurbished version. In any case, please talk to us so that we can check that the cycle you have in mind is right for you.