The Kompact is a new intermediate size which bridges the gap between the children’s and adult’s models, suitable for small adults and older children. We like the easy size adjustment with quick releases on the boom and seat and the neat features including the self-adjusting chain tensioner and chain glide pulley. Simplicity, quality, and performance at an affordable price.
We know KMX’s well – probably better than anyone, since we’ve run them in our Try-Out Roadshow fleet for many years. We know that they can deliver enormous levels of fun and envious glances from passers-by! Our familiarity also means that we know how to build them to the very highest standard (they must be very well built to survive the heavy use they get in our fleet!).
If you’re in the market for a budget recumbent a KMX really is the only contender – tough, low maintenance and fantastic value for money.
To see our other recumbent cycles click here
Adapt and Customise
Optional extras: speedo mount, speedo sensor mount, light mount and bag
A range of adaptations is available. See the Accessories & Adaptations section of this website.
- Frame: TIG Welded Hi Carbon Steel Box with Steel front boom
- Steering: Direct steer with Ackerman and Centre Point
- Tyres: 16 x 2.3 Innova tyre rear 16 x 2.1 Innova tyre front
- Rear wheel: 16” spoked with wheel cover
- Front wheels: 16” Mag
- Gear shifters: 7 Speed Microshift Twistgrip Gears
- Front brakes: Bengal disc brakes activated by a twin pull brake lever
- Rear brake: powerful V brake
- Bottom bracket: BMX style
- Front Cranks: 42T one-piece steel crank with KMX bash ring
- Derailleur: 7-Speed Microshift
- Gears: 7-Speed Cassette
- Length: 147cm
- Width: 70cm
- Height: 45cm
- Front track: 68cm
- Wheelbase: 81cm
- Seat height: 15cm
- Bottom bracket height: 28cm
- Seat (back angle): 39-45 degrees adjustable
- Ground clearance: 8cm to frame
- Weight: 5kg
- Maximum rider weight: 75kg
- Inside leg length: Min 32” (81.5cm), Max 42” (107cm)
Book a Cycling Assessment
You can visit us any time during opening hours, but only through an appointments system can we be sure that the specialist able to help you most will be available, and that the ideal demo cycles are at base at that time. Appointments mean we can give you the full support and time you need to try a wider selection of cycles and possible adaptations.
Finding Your Cycle...
All kinds of bikes for all kinds of people. That’s our thinking at Get Cycling, and we demonstrate, adapt and supply what is probably the world’s widest range of specialised cycles. We are a not-for-profit, operating nationally, and promoting diversity in cycle design and supply. We believe that our new and refurbished cycles take pedal-power into new realms of delight.
We have child-carrying options, cargo cycles, tandems, adapted cycles for special needs, folding bikes, fun bikes, tricycles, companion cycles, multi-seaters, recumbents and much more. If we don’t have a new model of what you need then we may well have a refurbished version. In any case, please talk to us so that we can check that the cycle you have in mind is right for you.