The Hase Pino Steps electric tandem is designed for two adults, or for an adult and a child. The rear rider has full control of the steering and brakes. The for-anything-and-anytime bike, be it tandem, family taxi, or cargo bike. The Pino Allround is the perfect bike for cycling duos – and for anything you need to carry from A to B. Experience the liberating feeling of being able to carry bulky items on two wheels – you may not want to use a car ever again!
- Recumbent-upright combination makes communication easy
- Unrestricted view for both riders
- Freewheel in front – ideal for families and special needs
- Excellent manoeuvrability thanks to short wheelbase
- Two-part frame
One bike for shopping trips, family rides and picnics? The Pino Steps can do it all and makes a great alternative to a car! The e tandem from Hase Bikes takes you quickly from A to B in an environmentally friendly way, and lets you easily bring along all kinds of cargo (or your favourite co-pilot…)
The powerful mid-motor from Shimano can be switched on with the touch of a button when the road rises, or when the riders need a boost. The battery has a capacity of 418 watts and can be charged in 4 hours.
The colourful City Bag carries lots of shopping, transforming the Pino into a cargo bike with attitude. The City Bag slides over the backrest of the recumbent seat and hooks onto the frame in front. Up to 80 litres of cargo can be packed away in this attractive and sturdy waterproof bag.
The robust Porter Rack below the bag is a foldable luggage carrier that doubles as a sturdy two-legged kickstand, adding even more load-carrying capacity: e.g. for that case of beer or an XXL watermelon for the neighbours’ shindig.
It’s also fine for kids to ride in a wooden crate, either alone or sandwiched between the organic leeks and baguettes. But as we see it: kids aren’t cargo. And they have much more energy to burn than a loaf of bread. That’s why the Pino keeps kids and cargo separate and offers a Children’s Crank set that turns petite passengers from 3’3” (100 cm) in height into active co-pilots – attracting envious stares from their trailer-bound peers.
After burning up all that energy, your tired stoker might just need a little nap. Which is fine, thanks to the freewheel and three-point harness. After all, the rear rider has a Shimano Steps motor as a backup!
Thanks to the two different seat heights on the Pino, the stoker in the front recumbent seat can share the beautiful view – and pleasant conversations – with the captain.
To see our other tandems and multi-seat cycles click here
Adapt and Customise
Electric motor upgrade: Steps E6100 mid-drive motor
5-point lap & shoulder harness system – with or without shoulder pads – for the front rider.
Other available options include a choice of batteries and chargers, gear systems, crank sets including adjustable, tyres, front & rear wheels, brakes, lighting systems, carrier racks, and more.
Other colours are available at extra cost, in any of the standard RAL colours.
A range of adaptations is available. See the Accessories & Adaptations section of this website.
- Total length: 83″-93″ (210-237 cm)
- Total width: 25″ (64 cm)
- Total height: 41″-43″ (104-110 cm) depending on seat adjustment
- Seat height, front: 25″ (64 cm)
- Bottom bracket height: 24½” (62 cm)
- Wheelbase: 57″ (145 cm)
- Two-part frame: 7005 aluminium, with adjustable and replaceable dropouts in the rear
- load: 495 lb (225 kg)
- Fork: Spinner 300
- Brakes: Tektro HD-M750 hydraulic disc
- Wheels: Rear: 26″ / Front: 20”
- Rims: Rear: Double wall with double eyelets / Front: double wall with eyelets
- Hub: Rear: Novatec D142SBT / Front: Hase Bikes
- Spokes: Sapim
- Tyres: Schwalbe Marathon
- Gears: Shimano Deore 9-speed derailleur
- Shifters: Microshift bar-end
- Grips: Herrmans Ergo
- Crank set: Shimano Steps with integrated freewheel mechanism – Rear: 170 mm 44 tooth, left 38 tooth / Front: 165 mm 38 tooth
- Lighting system: Motor battery, B & M Toplight Flat Plus, Headlight: Busch & Müller Lumotec Lyt, LED, standlight
- Fenders: SKS black matt
- Luggage rack: Racktime Addit, Max. load: 66 lb (30 kg)
- Motor: Shimano Steps bottom bracket motor
- Battery: Lithium-ion, Capacity: 14 Ah, 504 Wh, Voltage: 36 V, Max. power: 250 W, Recharge cycles: 1000, Charge time: 4 h
- Range: Approx. 31 miles (50 km)
- Battery weight: 7 lb (2.55 kg), Battery guarantee: 24 months,
- Kickstand: Humpert double kickstand
- Weight: 68 lb (31 kg)
- Colours: RAL 7023 Concrete Gray/powder-coated, front boom black anodized with length adjustment markings
Book a Cycling Assessment
You can visit us any time during opening hours, but only through an appointments system can we be sure that the specialist able to help you most will be available, and that the ideal demo cycles are at base at that time. Appointments mean we can give you the full support and time you need to try a wider selection of cycles and possible adaptations.
Finding Your Cycle...
All kinds of bikes for all kinds of people. That’s our thinking at Get Cycling, and we demonstrate, adapt and supply what is probably the world’s widest range of specialised cycles. We are a not-for-profit, operating nationally, and promoting diversity in cycle design and supply. We believe that our new and refurbished cycles take pedal-power into new realms of delight.
We have child-carrying options, cargo cycles, tandems, adapted cycles for special needs, folding bikes, fun bikes, tricycles, companion cycles, multi-seaters, recumbents and much more. If we don’t have a new model of what you need then we may well have a refurbished version. In any case, please talk to us so that we can check that the cycle you have in mind is right for you.